June 25, 2011

Pembina Valley: Leap of Faith

I'm going to camp this summer. Training begins tomorrow.

I'm praying it will be a fulfilling experience, serving God and serving others.

I want to trust in the sufficiency of God, and try not to focus on my fears and weaknesses. I fear a lot of things (mostly irrational), but I believe God is big enough and loving enough to help me overcome those fears and anxieties. God can use camp to change lives. It's not about what I can do, but what God can do, and He can do anything. Camp changed me 9 years ago. I'm willing to take that risk again and let Him work in me this summer.

I'll be learning a lot about trust and faith this season. This will be the biggest adventure since Europe, and I'm hoping it will change me for the better. Like good clay, I want to be moldable. Like a good student, I want to learn.

I'm letting go and I'm walking out in faith.

Life consists of peaks and valleys, triumphs and struggles, joy and sadness. Without one, would the other mean as much? Could we have compassion without suffering? Without valleys, would the peaks be as high? How much do we use comparison on a day-to-day basis?

Things change, people change, and I'll change. I have faith that the Spirit is always here by my side, walking with me. He's my secure rock - everything changes but God and I'm glad He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment, you won't get a notification...