September 22, 2011

Poetry: Because Sometimes We Wanna Be Emo



This place

I like to think I’m alone

No one can reach me, hidden encased.

These strings are picking my soul

Apart, in this place.


This darkness is a shroud,

An emptiness covers my face.

I see my own body in a silence so loud,

I can taste the dirt, in this place.


I’m broken, shattered, in tears

This hunger feels vain.

In as many pieces as there are fears,

The ground crumbles, in this place.


It’s easier to know,

Than to wonder and let these thoughts race.

Take this veil, let it go,

I don’t want to be here, in this place.


My heart bleeds, Your hands bled,

A bride waits draped in lace.

The curtain's been torn; my spirit fed.

You’re sitting here beside me, in this place.

3 comments:

  1. Powerful poem Chui, I absolutely loved it! It shows another complex layer of the Chui that I've never known. Keep writing and keep blogging :)


    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ty! I really appreciate this. And it's good to know I'm not monochromatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Late nights are not altogether unproductive.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, you won't get a notification...